Sunday, February 09, 2014

#6

Another busy week. This time I was in the West Midlands with a lovely group of ladies called 'Inspire'. They had chosen the metallic effect surfaces workshop.
Here are the ladies hard at work:
And these were some of the wonderful samples that were created:
The book covers were also made ready to take home to embellish further.
We then went on to play with Scrunched Scrim and Tyvek with Heat Transfer Foil.
This is Judy with two of her samples. The photograph doesn't show them very well but they look amazing:
And another couple of samples. Not sure whose this one is:
but this one is Francis:
You see, I am getting much better at remembering to take photos. :)

Ended the week with a talk for Enfield Embroiderers Guild yesterday. I was aware that I knew one member of this guild, Jo, but was surprised at the amount of faces I recognised from shows and workshops.

My diary is fairly empty for this week so I intend to get down to working towards the exhibition that I have coming up with Pauline Verrinder at ArtVanGo in April and the exhibition with 'Connected' in Coventry Cathedral in August. I have one piece completed for Coventry so only have a few pieces left to go.....!!!

Speaking of ArtVanGo, it is their 25th anniversary this year and the workshop programme is amazing. They have lined up some really great tutors for this year: Kim Thittachai - Clare Bullock -  Hilary Beattie - Angie Hughes - Gina Ferrari and loads more (including me!). The full programme is not yet on the website but take a look here: ArtVanGo Workshop Programme as I know that bookings are already being made.

Just thinking, I will have to do some work next week or I will have nothing to blog about!
Love the idea of what Maggie Grey is going to be doing on her blog all next week. 
Check it out here: Magstitch

2 comments:

Heather said...

The metal samples look stunning - what a great time your ladies had. I wish I lived nearer to ArtVanGo - the workshops sound so inviting.

Maggie Grey said...

Thanks for the mention, Lynda. It was a bit of a struggle and
I may have to rejig some of it. Good challenge, though. That workshop looks like fun.